Sutherland HDL eTutored™ Live Online Training
Sutherland HDL eTutored live online workshops are instructor-led workshops that provide all the same learning benefits as classroom based training, but with greater flexibility to mix expert training and work responsibilities. As a "virtual classroom", engineers can be located at any number of sites, and in any time zone.
eTutored live workshop are conducted using online meeting software, such as WebEx. A recognized industry expert Sutherland HDL instructor leads an interactive presentation and discussion using the same training materials as with onsite training workshop. The online meeting session is typically 4 hours, and covers 2 to 3 course chapters. Following the online meeting, engineers work on the labs for those chapters at their own time and pace. Labs can be completed in two ways:
- Engineers use their own company's server and preferred simulator. This allows engineers to complete labs using the same tools and environment they use in their regular work.
- Engineers can remotely log onto Sutherland HDL's training server using VNC, and use Sutherland HDL's licensed simulation software (Mentor Questa).
eTutored live online workshops are presented as:
- Private online workshops, scheduled at the dates and times that best meet the needs of your engineering team. The training schedule and workshop topics can be customized in a variety of ways.
- Public open-enrollment online workshops, scheduled at least once a quarter. Engineers from multiple companies attend these workshops. Open-enrollment workshops are ideal when your company has just one or two engineers that need training.
As with all Sutherland HDL training workshops, interactive discussion is a vital part of learning the workshop topics. The online meetings are designed to keep attendees engaged and sharing ideas in the virtual classroom (Mr. Sutherland holds both engineering degrees and a Master's degree in Education with an emphasis in online learning). Each day's online meeting begins with a discussion of the previous day's labs and how those concepts might apply to actual engineerng projects. In addition, as engineers complete each lab, they are asked to submit their work via e-mail for Sutherland HDL's expert instructor to review and comment on best coding practices. The instructor is also available via e-mail, Skype or screen-sharing online meetings to answer questions as engineers work on the labs. The Sutherland HDL expert instructor is a one-on-one tutor for each engineer attending the online workshop!
Pricing and terms for eTutored live online workshops
Request a private eTutored live online workshop
Currently scheduled public eTutored live online workshops
Sutherland HDL training workshops are also available as:
• Instructor-led onsite private workshops
• Instructor-mentored eTutored self-paced online workshops
• Licensed training materials for use in in-house training programs